Petar Kocovic, Union University “Nikola Tesla”, Belgrade, Serbia
Muthu Ramachandran, Leeds Beckett University, UK
Call for Chapters
Proposals Submission Deadline: June 1, 2020
Full Chapters Due: August 3, 2020
IoT (Internet of Things) has emerged to address the need for connectivity and seamless integration with other devices and big data platforms for analytics. However, there are potential challenges ahead meeting the growing need for IoT based applications. This includes design and implementation challenges, various applications connectivities, data gathering, storing and analyzing in a cloud based solution, and IoT Security and Privacy issues. Therefore, we believe this book will provide an insight for researchers and developers. This book will consist of five sections as follows:
1. Internet of Things Concept
2. IoT and Cloud Computing
3. IoT, Development, Tools and Techniques
4. IoT and Big Data
5. IoT and Security
6. Big Data Concepts
7. Big Data and IoT Integrated Services
8. Big Data and IoT Applications
Authors who have published a chapter in our earlier book on Emerging trends and applications of IoT (IGI 2017). We published a book entitled Emerging trends and applications of IoT in 2017. You published one or more chapters in that book or you expressed interest in contributing to that book. We are now developing another book entitled Emerging trends in IoT and integration with Big Data to be completed an published in 2020. This will be an updated version of the 2017 book.
If you have already published in the 2017 book, then we are inviting you to submit a revised chapter. Revision requires the following:
• Title needs to be different
• Abstract need to be different
• Literature review need to be updated to cite newer references
• Figures need to be revised
• At least 33% of the text/content needs to be new – with somewhat different focus or emphasis.
In this case, I would need a 1-page brief write up to know in what way would you like to revise the previously published chapter.
IoT and Big Data integration to deliver emerging applications are on the rapid rise. Therefore, this book will aim to provide relevant theoretical frameworks and the latest empirical research findings in the area. It will be written for professionals who want to improve their understanding of the strategic role of trust at different levels of the information and knowledge society, that is, trust at the level of the global economy, of networks and organizations, of teams and work groups, of information systems and, finally, trust at the level of individuals as actors in the networked environments.
The target audience of this book will be composed of professionals and researchers working in the field of information and knowledge management in various disciplines, e.g. library, information and communication sciences, administrative sciences and management, education, adult education, sociology, computer science and information technology. Moreover, the book will provide insights and support executives concerned with the management of expertise, knowledge, information and organizational development in different types of work communities and environments.
• Innovations in Software Requirements Engineering for IoT and Big Data
• Innovations in Software Design and Architectures of IoT and Big Data Platforms
• Project Mangement aspects of IoT and Big Data Case Studies
• Software Productivity Technologies and Large Scale Applications
• Software Testing, Metrics, and Quality of Service for IoT and Big Data
• Modeling, MDA and Meta-modeling for IoT and Big Data
• Objects, Components (CBSE), fractal CBSE, and Web Services for IoT and Big Data
• Service-Oriented Software Engineering
• Agile Software Engineering Approaches to IoT and Big Data Applications
• Software Engineering Framework for IoT
• Software Engineering Framework for Big Data
• Big Data Algorithms and Applications
• IoT design and architectures
• Security and Privacy Approaches to IoT and Big Data Applications and Platforms
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit on or before June 1, 2020, a chapter proposal of 1,000 to 2,000 words clearly explaining the mission and concerns of his or her proposed chapter. Authors will be notified by June 8, 2020 about the status of their proposals and sent chapter guidelines. Full chapters are expected to be submitted by September 3 2020, and all interested authors must consult the guidelines for manuscript submissions at http://www.igi-global.com/publish/contributor-resources/before-you-write/ prior to submission. All submitted chapters will be reviewed on a double-blind review basis. Contributors may also be requested to serve as reviewers for this project. Note: There are no submission or acceptance fees for manuscripts submitted to this book publication, Emerging Trends in IoT and Integration with Data Science. All manuscripts are accepted based on a double-blind peer review editorial process. All proposals should be submitted through the E-Editorial DiscoveryTM online submission manager.
This book is scheduled to be published by IGI Global (formerly Idea Group Inc.), publisher of the “Information Science Reference” (formerly Idea Group Reference), “Medical Information Science Reference,” “Business Science Reference,” and “Engineering Science Reference” imprints. For additional information regarding the publisher, please visit www.igi-global.com. This publication is anticipated to be released in 2021.
June 1, 2020: Proposal Submission Deadline
June 8, 2020: Notification of Acceptance
August 3, 2020: Full Chapter Submission
September 3, 2020: Review Results Returned
September 15, 2020: Final Acceptance Notification
Computer Science and Information Technology